Wednesday 7 September 2011

Stop & Stare - Art Direction & Stop Frame Animation Project

In this project we had to create a one minute animation using photography (720 photographs = 1 min). We had to work in certain themes. My theme was around the stereotype of how Muslims are perceived as stupid. I've also worked with the issue of how Muslim women are always perceived as oppressed and forced to wear hijab (head scarf) and that it's stopping them from building a future etc.

Song: Sami Yusuf - Free

Hope you enjoy the animation :)

2 comments:

  1. I really loved the animation, I thought the whole message behind it was really, powerful, I also like how the lyrics of the song basically just decode the message of the animation. Really beautiful, authentic and relative not only to Islamic women, but women as a whole. Really lovely, meaningful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I Love the message!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete